Search Site

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get service records?

Veterans UK has a service records enquiry service. For a small fee, they will search for whatever remains of the records of former service personnel. For all aircrew, the best record of service is the personal flying logbook. This document is retained by the individual. No copies exist. To avoid losing the information, many people leave their logbooks with the Fleet Air Arm Museum .

The Navy's website has a section on contact information,  where it gives information on how to contact the Disclosure Cell which gives the same service as the Veterans Agency for RN & RM officers, serving, retired and has records from 1924 onwards including flying accident reports.

The Navy List, which lists where every officer was serving in the year of publication, is also available on-line for a small subscription.

This FAAOA does not have access to official records but can look in reference books or the full Roll of Honour entry to get some information on circumstances of accidents, deaths and also types of aircraft flown. Please use the contact form to ask your question, providing as much information as possible about the individual to help locate the correct information. Service to our members takes priority and you may not get an immediate response to your enquiry.

How can I contact former members of Fleet Air Arm?

The Fleet Air Arm Officers Association only holds contact details for its own members. Members of the FAAOA can access these by logging in to the members area. Details are not released to non-members.

How can I march at The Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday?

The Cenotaph parade is organised by the Royal British Legion (RBL). We march with the other Fleet Air Arm associations (see Fly Navy Federation). Each association receives a small allocation of tickets from the RBL to march in the ex-service columns. Marchers MUST BE serving or ex-service. Members of the FAAOA apply for a ticket on the form provided in the September issue of our magazine FLY NAVY News Sheet.

Where can I find out about charitable assistance?

Ex-forces members can sometimes find themselves in difficulties and in need of help. Look under Charitable and Welfare Organisations in our Useful Links page.

How do I join the Fleet Air Arm?

You can find information on careers in the Fleet Air Arm here. At that site, there are downloadable career packs for many careers some of which can be obtained from our Downloads section.


FAAOA no longer offer support for your browser.

For a faster, safer browsing experience
and to make use of the FAAOA site features

Upgrade Now for FREE