Battle of the Atlantic CommemorationsLiverpool
2013 sees the commemoration of World War II’s Battle of the Atlantic, the longest continuous military campaign in history. Events to mark the occasion will be based in Liverpool, the UK centre of operations for much of the campaign; these will include:
Friday 24th May 2013
Receptions and VIP tours of visiting ships from UK, USA, Canada, France, Germany, Poland and Russia.
HMS Bulwark in Liverpool 24 May 2013, Charity Reception Supporting the Royal Navy’s Aviation Heritage
HMS Bulwark will be berthed in Canada Dock on the River Mersey, Liverpool, approx. one mile North West of Liverpool City Centre. Car parking is available. Ticket price £30.00 a head. All proceeds will go to the Fly Navy Heritage Trust Battle of the Atlantic Appeal.
You do not need to be a member of any Fleet Air Arm association to be able to attend this event. See link to Flier and application form below.
Saturday 25th May 2013
1. Battle of the Atlantic 70th Anniversary Charity Concert with The Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines Portsmouth in the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall on Saturday 25th May 2013 at 19.30hrs.
Tickets: £10, £12, £15 are available from the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall now.
For more information and enquiries, please call: 0151 709 3789
2. Visiting ships open to the general public
3. Maritime related displays at the waterfront
Sunday 26th May 2013
1. Cathedral Service and March/Fly Past (Royal attendance) There is a separate entry under events but the application form has now been removed. Please note that due to tickets being over subscribed for the Cathedral Service, the tickets are being allocated by ballot; however everybody who has requested tickets will receive a proportion of their allocation.
2. VIP lunch at Liverpool Town Hall - no details available
Monday 27th May 2013
A Battle of the Atlantic 70th Anniversary VE and VJ Party (40s Themed) with The Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines Portsmouth at St. Georges Hall, Liverpool on Monday 27th May 2013 from 14.00-17.00 hrs.
Tickets: Application Form / Tickets £12 - please post including a stamped addressed envelope to:
Mrs P. Brown, 35 Winston Drive, Noctorum, Birkenhead CH43 9RU
Below is also a link to the BOA Newsletter No. 4 with a summary of all BOA events.